November 4, 1862
A fire broke out in an attic room in Montrose Street occupied by Hercules Crabb, labourer.
The fire was occasioned by a spark from a candle which an old woman was using in filling pirns.
A meeting of Municipal Electors of the Burgh was held in the Town Hall, in terms of a requisition addressed to the Provost, signed by a number of electors.
There were six out of thirteen members of the council to elect on this occasion.
It was hoped the meeting would look for proper men who would do their work and not merely sit as ornamental members of the council.
November 5, 1992
Brechin and District Patients’ Association are keeping up the pressure to retain Stracathro Hospital and have added their support to the idea of trust status
At their meeting on Saturday, the association forecast the likely methods that might be adopted by Tayside Health Board.
On the basis of the forecast the association resolved to fight for the retention of the Angus unit as an effective entity and demand the continuation of several functions at Stracathro Hospital.
For a former Brechin primary teacher Monday, Mrs Nellie Edwards, November 2 1992 was a very special day - her 100th birthday.
Nellie was educated at Andover Primary School and later at Brechin high School.
She started teaching in 1914 at Damacre Primary School before retiring in 1925, when she married. She later returned to teaching in 1938 when she became head misstress at a school in Perthsire.
November 1, 1962
There were 450 entries, about 100 more than last year, at Brechin Cage Bird Society’s 91st annual show in the Temperance Hall last week.
The show attracted many visitors who were not a little intrigued by this year’s very impressive collection of over 40 foreign birds.