Information about the history of Glencadam Distillery, established in 1825, is being sought from members of local community.
The company’s current owners, Angus Dundee Distillers, bought the company in 2003 but no archive charting the history of the distillery can be found.
Louise Seaward, marketing and brand executive for Angus Dundee Distillers, explained: “As the distillery was built in 1825, it has a long history and ownership has changed hands a number of times.
“We would like to learn more about any events at the distillery, the people who worked there and the local community.”
If you have any information that may be of interest, in the form of stories, photographs, old news articles or documents, then contact Louise Seaward by email at email@example.com or by telephone on 0141 221 6132.
The company already know the following about Glencadam Distillery:-
Glencadam Distillery was built in 1825. There are no records of by whom, it is thought a Mr Cooper, who sold the distillery to David Scott in 1827.
The distillery was owned by David Scott and his descendants from 1827- 1891 (rented to various distillers).
It had a chequered history with a succession of owners and closure during both world wars, while the warehousing was used for barracks.
It was bought in 1950s by Hiram Walker and upgraded in size and production facilities. Hiram Walker subsequently became Allied Domeq who closed it in 2000.
Angus Dundee Distillers bought the company on June 1, 2003.
Any information collected would be used on their new and updated website for Glencadam, which is in the process of building to replace the existing www.GlencadamDistillery.co.uk.