Firefighters from Montrose and Brechin were called out to an incident in Market Street, following smoke coming from a shop.
Two fire engines - one from Montrose and one from Brechin - were called at just before 3 p.m. to attend the incident, which has been described as “small scale.”
Upon arriving at Market Street, firefighters discovered smoke coming from a ground floor commercial premises and further investigations discovered that the source of the smoke was coming from an oven with sausages left instead.
Firefighters accessed the incident via the small alleyway across from the Market Street car park. A police office was also in attendance at the scene, directing motorists away from the incident.
A spokesperson for the Scottish Fire and Rescue service confirmed that there no evacuations from the flats above the commercial property and that there were no reported casualties.