Fire at Montrose restaurant

Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.
Scottish Fire and Rescue Service.

Firefighters are currently dealing with a kitchen fire in a restaurant on Montrose High Street.

Scottish Fire & Rescue Service received a report of a fire at 204 High Street, at 11.31am this morning (Monday) and at the time of publication there were three appliances in attendance.

The address is home to The Indian Cottage restaurant and there are flats above which are being searched by firefighters.

The fire is understood to be on the ground floor within the kitchen of the restaurant.

Firefighters are currently stripping away roof tiles at the address and there four sets of breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and a Carbon Dioxide extinguisher in use.

Police Scotland is also in attendance.