Fire breaks out in Edzell home

Fire appliances are pictured on scene at the house fire in Edzell's Adam Place.

Fire appliances are pictured on scene at the house fire in Edzell's Adam Place.

0
Have your say

Fire engines have attended a at a house in Edzell earlier this afternoon.

The fire broke out at house in the village’s Adam Place.

Smoke was seen coming from the roof of the house which was unoccupied at the time.

It is thought the fire could have occurred as a result of a wheelie bin fire which then travelled to the roof.

Fire appliances, including the command support unit, attended the scene along with an ambulance and police.

Councillor Bob Myles said: “Everyone is okay. The owner of the house was out at the time of the fire.

“One of the neighbours suffered smoke inhalation but are doing fine.

“Well done to the fire brigade and police for their prompt response.”