Spanish lunch: chorizo, egg & potato salad
8-10 small, or new potatoes
2 eggs, at room temperature
15cm piece of chorizo sausage
Olive oil for drizzling
1tbsp freshly chopped chives
1. Wash the potatoes and if on the large side, chop in half, adding to a pan of cold, salted water as you go.
2. Simmer until they’re cooked and can be pierced easily with a knife. Usually about 10-15 minutes.
3. To save time and washing up, cook your eggs in the same pan as the cooking potatoes:
give them a good rinse, and pop into the pan with them.
4. Cook for about seven minutes for a soft yolked egg, before removing from the pan and running under the cold tap.
5. Meanwhile, chop the chorizo into small chunks and heat a non-stick pan on the hob.
6. Simply add the chopped chorizo, and cook until the fat begins to run and the sausage is crispy in places.
7. Drain the cooked potatoes and add to your lunch pail. Top with the cooked chorizo, a drizzle of olive oil, and the chives. Give it a stir and sprinkle over some salt.
8. Wrap the two eggs in their shells separately in kitchen roll.
9. On arrival at work, this dish is best left at room temperature.
10. At lunchtime, peel your boiled eggs and cut into segments, topping your potato dish.