If your property was directly affected by flooding during recent spells of bad weather you can now apply for a flood relief grant.
With funding from the Scottish Government, Angus Council can award a flat rate grant of £1500 to properties affected by flooding.
This applies to households, businesses, community groups and charities.
The grant can be claimed in either of the following circumstances:
- For any period when you were absent from your property due to flooding and did not receive the full benefit of local authority services.
- To enable you to protect your home or business against future floods by installing new flood barriers, or by carrying out flood resilient repairs, such as replacing doors and windows with water resistant alternatives, or moving electricity sockets up to a safer level.
Only properties, excluding garden ground, which were directly affected by the flooding and were inundated with water will be eligible for grant assistance. Your grant application should be supported by evidence, such as:
- Photographs of property flooding
- Independent report from emergency services or local authority attending the property during the flooding
- Independent report from an organisation, such as an insurance company, that visited after the event
- Evidence of call to emergency services and/or the local authority advising that property flooding was occurring, such as an ACCESSLine reference number
A single flat rate grant of £1500 is payable for each property.
Applications should be submitted by 29 February.
You can apply online on the Angus Council website or download an application form from the site.
Businesses can also apply for a Business Compensation Grant of £3000, funded by the Scottish Government, where there is evidence that ability to trade has been severely impacted by flooding. A separate application process applies for this grant and information on how to apply will be available shortly.