10-man Brechin leave it late but go home with all three points

Pictured is Charlie King
Pictured is Charlie King

Vics were back on league duty with a trip to Perth to meet Kinnoull.

The game was even from the start with both sides showing their intentions with attack being the order of the day.

The home side enjoyed most of the early possession but found it difficult to create any clear cut chances.

Kinnoull were much more direct with their play but some stout defending kept them at bay.

Brechin came close on 24 minutes when a good run from Lewis down the left resulted in his near post cross being turned behind, with Dickson having a header saved by the keeper from the resultant corner.

On 30 minutes a Lewis pass found Black but his shot from 12 yards was blocked by a last ditch tackle.

Vics almost broke the deadlock a minute before half time when Black was through on goal but his lob over the advancing keeper was wide of the mark.

The away side began the second half as they finished the first but their dominance came to nothing.

Black almost got the game’s first goal for Vics on 55 minutes but his shot from the edge of the box was saved by the keeper.

Kinnoull should have taken the lead on 75 minutes when a ball across the six yards box found Smith at the back post but he missed the target with the goal at his mercy.

But it was the home side who were rewarded for their efforts on 82 minutes when Lewis played in Bailey who ran on to poke the ball under the helpless keeper to give Vics the lead.

The drama didn’t stop there as Vics’ Strachan received his marching orders with a second yellow card but they held on for the victory.

Vics have a Scottish Cup tie at home against Penicuik Athletic on Saturday, October 24, kick off is 2.30pm.

Supporters please note that season tickets are not valid for this game

Brechin Vics: Robbie, Stephen, Gourlay, Sturrock, Dickson, Steel, Rausch, Strachan, Black, Bailey, Lewis, Subs- Barclay, Eaton, Wood, Mitchell, Renilson