Around the grounds

Only one Angus team tasted victory on Saturday and that was the side struggling for wins this season, Montrose, who got their sixth league win, writes Scott Binnie.

Forfar Athletic went down 2-1 to Greenock Morton at Station Park, just their second home defeat of the season.

Joe McKee put the Ton in front against the run of play 11 minutes before half-time before Danny Denholm equalised just after the hour mark - his second strike in three games.

Forfar had numerous chances to take the victory but their finishing wasn’t good enough, and Morton legend Peter McDonald punished the Loons with his 71st minute goal, sending the Ton above Forfar into second.

Brechin City lost a one-goal lead at Airdrieonians, drawing 1-1 with the Diamonds as their magnificent unbeaten run continued.

Alan Trouten put City ahead midway through the second half, moving to 10 goals in League One - joint highest alongside Colin McMenamin of Stenhousemuir - but Jamie Bain split the points 10 minutes later with a great finish.

Montrose ended an eight-game winless run in League Two with their 2-1 victory over Annan Athletic.

All three goals came in four second half minutes as the Galabankies took the lead through Rabin Omar on 63 minutes.

But it was all square a minute later when Annan goalie Alex Mitchell scored an own goal and Gable Endies star Garry Wood got the winner moments later, sweeping home to secure three much-needed points.

Arbroath remain top of League Two on goal difference but second-placed Albion Rovers boast a game in hand over the Lichties, who are now winless in four games following a 1-1 draw with East Fife.

The hosts went in front when top scorer Simon Murray beat Jordan Millar from close range 36 minutes.

Jonathan Page earned a point for East Fife, heading home with just four minutes remaining.

This week, in league action Forfar host Peterhead and Montrose go to Queen’s Park.

And in the Scottish Cup, Brechin City visit Falkirk as Arbroath travel to face Hibernian.