Vics hit for five

Montrose Roselea 5, Brechin Vics 0

BRECHIN Vics were back in action after a two-week enforced lay-off because of the weather and were up against local rivals Montrose Roselea.

The match was fairly even in the opening exchanges, with both sides looking to play attacking football.

It took Roselea only ten minutes to take the lead after good play on their right presented Collier with a chance who, from six yards, slipped the ball past Robbie.

Vics were in disarray at this point and Roselea extended their lead in 14 minutes, this time Fletcher being presented with the easiest of chances and scored from six yards.

Vics had a chance when Mihaylov shot just wide after being set up by Cooper.

McNaught then had a chance for Vics but his shot from 20 yards was saved by the keeper.

Roselea were still having more of the play but it was Vics who came closest ten minutes from the break, when Mihaylov’s shot was parried and scrambled clear after good play from Young.

Vics keeper Robbie produced a great one handed save in 43 minutes to keep Roselea at bay.

The second half was only ten minutes old when Roselea scored their third and effectively ended the game as a contest.

Whyte was the scorer, heading the ball into the net at the back post.

Much of the second half was played in the middle of the park with little in the way of clear-cut chances.

Roselea did increase their lead 15 minutes from time, when Rae sent a scorching drive from 25 yards high past the helpless Robbie in the Vics goal.

Little was seen of Vics as an attacking force and it was no surprise when Kennedy popped up to complete the scoring slotting home from eight yards.

Brechin Vics - Robbie, Gauld, Young, Low, Buggins, Gourlay, Mihaylov, D. Ross, McNaught, Nicol and Cooper; subs - S. Eaton, Trialist, Trialist and Trialist.

This was a very poor and unacceptable Vics performance.

Things must improve quickly as Vics are away from home to Maybole on Saturday, in the first round of the Emirates Scottish Cup (kick-off 3 pm).